Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ordinary Means -- UPDATED

Sorry for the inactivity on the Confession stuff, but I've been holding down the fort while my co-pastor is on vacation.

I will return soon to the Confession (though I myself will be on vacation in the coming weeks), and I will be doing a follow-up post to the Cultural Christianity thread that caused quite a ruckus. Here's a foretaste: I've been reading David Wells's new book, The Courage to Be Protestant: Truth Lovers, Marketers, and Emergents in a Postmodern World (Eerdmands, 2008), as well as a collection of essays by Carl Trueman entitled, The Majority Report: Unpopular Thoughts on Everything from Ancient Christianity to Zen Calvinism (Christian Focus, 2008). Both men have quite a bit to say on this whole matter of the evangelical and emergent tendency to appeal and adapt to the culture at large. I will simply pilfer from them.

But the real reason I am posting under the title, "Ordinary Means," is that I have been asked to join Matt Bohling and Shaun Nolan -- two PCA pastors -- on the ordinary means podcast for the month of May. We will be recording this Thursday (5/22), and I imagine the podcast will be available shortly thereafter.

You can find the website here: http://www.ordinarymeans.com/

The blog can be found here: http://ordinarymeans.blogspot.com/

We will be picking up the discussion from the March podcast on the issue of Baptists and Presbyterians. My understanding at the moment is that they wish to ask me how Reformed Baptists handle convinced Reformed paedobaptists seeking membership in a Reformed Baptist church. If you want my answer, listen in.

That's all for now.

UPDATE: podcast won't be until next tuesday, 5/27. I'm still not sure when it will be posted; I'm assuming sometime later that day. I'll let my rabid fan base know as soon as I do...

No comments: